Re: [css3-cascade] Where in the cascade do animations go?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 16:17:18 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
On 11/29/11 2:52 PM, fantasai wrote:
> We should probably say something about them in CSS3 Cascade, though.

For what it's worth, Gecko's implementation of the cascade looks like
this (from least important to most important):

   ua rules
   user rules
   document rules
   inline style
   override rules
   document !important rules
   inline style !important
   override !important rules
   user !important rules
   ua !important rules

I believe that there are no web-facing APIs to observe this placement of
the "override !important" level, since we don't implement the DOM API I
pointed to and SMIL can't create !important rules...  But it's worth
specifying anyway, in case some future spec exposes them to the web.

-Boris