[selectors4] minutes questions

From: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 19:40:31 -0500
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
It seems the notion of :has as opposed to symbol based subject identifier
keeps coming up in numerous contexts and by numerous people and that there
appears to be at least agreement that many people prefer the way it reads.
fantasai's historical arguments on the wiki  considered, is it wishful
thinking on my part that that is the case?

Also .... David mentioned that the hard part of :has would be during
updates....it seems to me the inverse is true and that the initial pass is
considerably more difficult to optimize.  There are lots of tricks to
optimize the performance of updates for the vast majority of cases, but on
the initial draw its possible that you don't know that a rule matches until
much later.  Can anyone comment?

Brian