Re: [css3-ui] scoping 'nav-index' (or tabindex) for large document use cases

> widget uses are likely to require aria-activedescendant and roving tabindex.
Sailesh: Can this not be managed by altering tabindex value via
JavaScript?  Setting it to "-1" for the parent element and "0" for
child elements is the way I thought this is to be accomplished.

>Some new CSS3 layout regions cause content to be reordered. In order to support keyboard navigation of this content it may be necessary to define nav-index >in CSS as well.
Sailesh: Well I still think it is structure and semantics  that affect
reading order / nav order and should be handled via HTML markup.
This is sort of akin too  switcyhing alt values when image replacement
method is used or switching text to reveal state of an element like
"show content" / "hide content". If the content has navigable elements
they have to be in proper nav order. If CSS causes content to be
re-ordered, then CSS is not strictly being used for presentation in a
manner that does not impact semantics / structure. The role of
managing nav order should be retained within HTML.
My concern primarily is how will conflict be handled when CSS and HTML
both specify  a nav order and will it become messy  and cause
confusion for developers as well as for testers / testing ttools.
Sailesh Panchang