Re: [css4-images] custom blending effects

Hi Rik,

On 27/11/2011, at 3:42 PM, Rik Cabanier wrote:

> What if we extend the SVG compositing spec to include CSS and provide the ability to do a custom blend using glsl? It seems pretty straightforward to come up with a syntax since the notation is basic.
> If we combine this with transitions, it seems that this would be powerful and also enable your use case.

I have no attachment to the syntax or approach I suggested, so sure. I'd like to see your proposal.

I just wanted to float the idea since I'd seen a lot of interest for cross-fade on The Twitters, and figured we could provide even more useful transitions (blends/whatever-you-want-to-call-them).

Dean