Re: Paged UIs a la Mobile Navigation

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 5:22 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>wrote:

> Yehuda then provided some extra detail about why it's difficult
> or impossible to performantly/attractively do this UI with the
> existing primitives that CSS exposes - you don't want to trigger
> hardware acceleration on normal scrolling,

Why wouldn't you want the browser to hardware-accelerate normal scrolling
if that was beneficial?

but you *do* on sideways
> translations (the "page flips"), and switching between hw-acc or not
> produces a visible flicker.

Surely that's just a browser bug?

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not
in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us