Re: [css3-content] sizing of images inserted using the content property

On Wednesday 2011-11-23 17:47 +0100, Florian Rivoal wrote:
> So I propose that we remove section 8 (or at least the first sentence) and
> either:
>
>  * add a note that clarifies things along the line of what you
>    just explained
>
>  * change section 7 so that nothing ends up being a replaced element,
>    and add some mechanism similar to what Tab proposed to make
>    anything become a replaced element.

My preference is the first option.

We could also replace this sentence in section 8 (Replaced content):

  # If the computed value of the part of the ‘content’ property that
  # ends up being used is a single URI, then the element or
  # pseudo-element is a replaced element.

with:

  # If the part of the ‘content’ property that ends up being used
  # precedes a comma (i.e., it has additional fallback after it),
  # then the element or pseudo-element is a replaced element.

-David