Re: [css3-text] Splitting CSS Text into Level 3 and Level 4

From: Florian Rivoal <florianr@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 16:47:35 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
> How much interoperability are you looking for?

Enough to be testable sounds like a good limit in this case.

> But I think we can have tests that check that text-justify:inter-word
> only changes word spacing and leaves inter-character spacing alone.

That test would be wrong. text-justify:inter-word does not require that
you only change
spaces between words. Only that you *primarily* change space between
words. You are free to
also change inter-character spacing, as long as you don't change it nearly
as much as
inter word spacing.