Re: [css3-content] sizing of images inserted using the content property

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2011, at 8:15 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> Do you know who depends on this?  We should fix this bug, even if it's
>> just by jumping ahead and switching to the 'replaced <image>' grammar.
>
> You mean, '-webkit-replaced <image>'?

Yes, prefixes are just as annoying to have to write in emails as they
are in stylesheets.  ^_^

However, it would be bad to add a prefixed feature that's going to
rely on a currently obsolete spec.  We should either decide this
quickly, do it unprefixed, and then spec it when the opportunity
arises, or decide this quickly and put it in another appropriate spec
that *is* being maintained, like Image Values.  Since this is a very
simple feature and already has one implementation, I'd be fine with
smuggling it into Images 3 if we decided quickly enough.