Re: [css3-content] sizing of images inserted using the content property

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:15:58 +0100, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> I am fine considering this a bug in the spec and in chrome/webkit, but
>> I wonder if webkit people are interested in touching this as long as
>> css3-content is in its current state.
>
> Oh, huh, I didn't realize we supported that.  We're buggier than you
> let on, though - we appear to *only* support the <image> argument for
> content on non-pseudos.
>
> Do you know who depends on this?

http://www.vimeo.com/m/ used to depend on the resizing behavior on
non-pseudos, but they have changed their design and it doesn't seem
to be an issue anymore.

> We should fix this bug, even if it's
> just by jumping ahead and switching to the 'replaced <image>' grammar.

Fixing this would be nice, especially if it can be fixed before too much
content accumulates, but I am not terribly interested in supporting new
behavior and grammar at this point, especially if there is no-one around
to spec it up.

Making sure all existing implementations behave the same would be a good
enough step at this point, then we can update the spec to match, and then,
we can start thinking of new better things.

  - Florian