Re: [css3-content] sizing of images inserted using the content property

On 11/21/11 7:44 AM, Florian Rivoal wrote:
> Section "8. Replaced content" says that when the content introduced by
> content: is a single url, then the element or pseudo element is a
> replaced element.

This happens to not be compatible with what the "content" property does
in CSS 2.1, for what it's worth....

> So we have interoperability but (obsolete) spec violation when replacing
> content on pseudo elements

Yes, because browsers are just following CSS 2.1 here.

> Any idea about how to resolve this?

Don't spec features in ways inconsistent with other specs?

-Boris