Re: Public releases prefixes off-by-default (was RE: Unprefixing CSS properties)

I know something like this has been mentioned before, but couldn't such a
group opt a new prefix and thereby avoid most of the politics?  For
example, there is currently wide agreement on implementations of
:-prefix-any.  Being a selector it has a double whammy effect in that it
requires whole rule repeat.  Now, it may not be exact parity with what gets
formalized for :matches but that does not negate the usefulness of finding
out things like how close that parity is between them.  Why not something
that allows the old process to work though (hopefully quicker), provide
unity through wide implementation concensus, etc by adding a more
grassroots prefix that follows something like a 3 major implentations rule
independent of w3c.... Example :-unity-any or if it is part of the process,
name the prefix something indicative like :-early or :-alpha.

-brian