Re: vendor prefixes: co-cascading

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 12:12:00 +0200
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Fran├žois REMY
<fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> I don't see the problem with -draftX- prefixes. Until a consensus has been
> reached, the property should not be included in RTM builds anyway.

I don't see a need for a prefix in non-RTM builds. Instead of
facilitating cross-browser non-RTM demos, I think they'd hurt unit
test development, because you'd need to edit tests even when the
substance (beyond prefix) didn't need changing.

I don't believe that supporting more than one draft at the same time
in one browser build for testing is a case that needs catering for,
because browser developers would be unlikely to go through the trouble
of making two incompatible variants of the code appear in the same
code snapshot just for testing.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi