[CSS21] Background-image: intrinsic ratio of SVG images

From: Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 13:49:30 -0800
Hello all,

Section 14.2.1 background-image

If the image has no intrinsic dimensions and has an intrinsic ratio the
dimensions must be assumed to be the largest dimensions at that ratio such
that neither dimension exceeds the dimensions of the rectangle that
establishes the coordinate system for the 'background-position' property.

Now, let's assume that a SVG image (say, filenamed as some-svg-image.svg)
is used as background-image and its code is:

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
  <rect width="100%" height="100%" fill="green"/>

Does such SVG image has an intrinsic ratio?

I believe it does have intrinsic ratio: an 1 to 1 ratio. Am I wrong?

I may have other questions later...

regards, Gérard
CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011

Contributions to CSS 2.1 test suite