WeasyPrint renders basic CSS 2.1 to PDF

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 11:55:31 +0100
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Hi,

I understand that this mailing list is not for discussing using CSS as
document authors, but Im not sure about implementing it. I apologize if
this is not the appropriate list for this message.

WeasyPrint [1] is a new free software implementation of CSS visual
rendering. It produces PDF from HTML+CSS documents. Weve been working
on it for some time, but it has now reached a usable sate. See a sample
output: [2]. Though it only supports basic CSS 2.1 yet (no tables,
floats or absolute positioning) I believe it can already be useful.

Having the layout logic in Python makes it easier to hack and experiment
on. For example we plan to implement the CSS3 Paged Media module at some
point.

Please let me know if youre interested in doing something with it.

[1] http://weasyprint.org/
[2] http://weasyprint.org/samples/CSS21-intro.pdf

Regards,
--