Re: New ::first-page pseudo-element

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 12:42:59 +1300
To: HÃ¥kon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Cc: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>, Michael Day <mikeday@yeslogic.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Another issue: currently the columns spec says "All column boxes in a
multi-column element are in the same stacking context and the drawing order
of their contents is as specified in CSS 2.1." If you can style columns
individually then I assume that would no longer be the case. Regions
probably breaks that too.

That means if you have an element that creates a stacking context (either
explicitly, using z-index, or implicitly, using opacity or filter etc), and
it breaks across columns (or regions), and the columns (or regions) aren't
adjacent in z-order ... we have a problem.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not
in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us