Re: [css3-writing-modes] Character's intrinsic orientation

From: Alex Danilo <alex@abbra.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 09:45:11 +1000
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: Eric Muller <emuller@adobe.com>, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, "CJK discussion (public-i18n-cjk@w3.org)" <public-i18n-cjk@w3.org>
Hi Fantasai,

	One thing that struck me with Appendix C and the previous draft
is that there is no explicit reference to UAX#44 and the General_Category property
that I can see.

	The prose in Appendix C says things like:

"4.Set spaces (Zs), dashes (Pd), connectors (Pc), ..."

	and assumes the reader knows this is a reference to UAX#44 or whatever.
UAX#24 and UAX#11 are explicitly mentioned in the draft so the discussion about
'fullwidth' and 'script' makes sense.

	It would be nice to point out that this refers to the General Category
property of the characters at least the first time it is referenced.

Cheers,
Alex