Re: [css3-lists] [css3-speech] Purpose of the module

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Daniel Weck <daniel.weck@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26 May 2011, at 17:18, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>
>> I don't understand what it means for georgian and armenian to be "not
>> supported".  Do you mean that lists using these styles don't read out
>> their bullets at all?  Or are they read as decimal or something?
>
> I'm not familiar with them, and I have not actually seen them in use. Could
> you please recommend a suitable handling scheme?

I'd recommend reading them as 'decimal' if nothing else.

>> This doesn't comment at all on the newer features introduced in Lists.
>> Do you intend to revise it at some point in the future?
>
> Is the CSS3 lists specification mature enough to be referenced from the CSS
> Speech module? We're aiming at LCWD soon, and hopefully CR by the end of the
> year. Otherwise, perhaps when CSS3 Lists stabilizes, it could add
> "extensions" to CSS3 Speech via an appendix of some sort. What do you think?

I'm aiming for a similar schedule, so maybe?  I'd be happy for now
with a note referring to CSS3 Lists and stating that a later version
of the specification will define how to handle the new schemes defined
there.

~TJ