Feedback on "CSS Device Adaptation" draft 5/10/11

From: <mike.sierra@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 17:35:39 +0000
To: <www-style@w3.org>
CC: <rune@opera.com>
These are a couple of minor concerns about the CSS viewport spec, not necessarily "problems" per se, but issues that should be thought through as potential uncharted territory for CSS:

* In current implementations, the viewport is applied once at page load and can't be modified therafter. This seems like a special case that's much different than other at-rules and properties. I didn't see any obvious discussion of the issue within the spec.

* The various zoom-related properties don't affect the content itself, but rather constrains how the browser displays the content.  I understand the web-app use case for zoom control, but it may be a bit of a reach for CSS. It seems analogous to letting CSS control display of bookmark/URL/status bars within desktop browsers.

Penultimately,

Mike Sierra
mike.sierra@nokia.com
Nokia, 5 Wayside Rd