Re: [css3-images] What does image-resolution apply to?

On 05/24/2011 10:46 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

>> Are SVG lengths alway unitless numbers? If not, I would expect an
> SVG measured in inches to be pixelated if given a low enough resolution
> (which might occasionally be a useful effect).  Forgive my ignorance of
> SVG, please.
>
> No, they can be given as actual lengths, like "1in".  I'm not
> immediately certain how that would interact with resolution changes,
> though.  I suspect that's far enough down the unspecified road that
> it's up to the UA right now.

IIRC, untransformed SVG units are defined to be equivalent to 'px',
and that's how they relate to other units.

Pixellating SVG via 'image-resolution' makes absoluely no sense at all.
Changing the SVG-unit to device-pixel ratio when determining the SVG's
intrinsic size, however, might.

~fantasai