[css3-text] text-decoration-skip not containing objects isn't compatible with CSS 2.1

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 18:15:52 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-text/#text-decoration-skip defines the
'text-decoration-skip' property.  I think most of the values are
fine, but I think any values that don't contain 'objects' are not
compatible with the way 'text-decoration' is defined in CSS 2.1.

CSS 2.1 specifies that, in terms of z-order, text decorations are
drawn when text is drawn, so it doesn't make sense to draw text
decorations when there is no text.
(http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/zindex.html#painting-order ,

Omitting objects also isn't compatible with the way CSS 2.1 defines
the interaction of relative positioning and text-decoration, which
is defined much like painting order -- in terms of when text is

I think we should remove the 'objects' value from
text-decoration-skip and change the definition so it's as though
'objects' is always present.  Otherwise, I think we need to revisit
the definition of 'text-decoration' in CSS 2.1.