Re: CSS Spec Annotations - Design Feedback Wanted

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Peter Linss <peter.linss@hp.com> wrote:
> The link takes you to the test harness for that spec section. The harness actually does do "the right thing", in that it presents the tests in the order where results are most needed, ie: those missing results are first, fails next, etc.

oh, it'd definitely help if this was called out.

> The harness does need a better indication of when you've reached tests that already have results and you might as well stop
> (there are small existing result indicators in the upper right corner),

yeah, i saw the results indicators, but they were in a different
format than the indicator box in the annotated spec -- i'm not sure if
i chose to ignore them, but i definitely didn't pay much attention to
them. i think one problem is that the indicators are at the top
aligned with the spec title instead of lower aligned with the test
case.

> or perhaps an "only run untested mode",

definitely

> if I add that mode I'll have the untested link activate it. I'm open to suggestions for improvements in the harness UI as well.

my other problem is testing things which have a reference rendering...

e.g. http://test.csswg.org/harness/testcase?s=CSS21_DEV&f=html4&g=144&r=15&o=1

there are links to the reference, but they cause my browser to lose
its scroll position, so i can't view the top 1/3 of a test, click the
reference, check for flash, view the top 1/3, press <space> (shows
2/3), click the test part, press space (shows 2/3), click the
reference (shows 2/3), check for flash. possibilities:
* being able to view things side by side
* abusing transparency to have a view w/
-- test above reference
-- reference above test