Re: [css3-regions][css3-content] Explicit/Implicit, Named/Anonymous Regions

On 05/17/2011 11:28 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> #3b can be handled by something like a ::lines-in(<flow>) pseudo,
> similar to what Hyatt suggested - we just extend the existing
> ::first-line concept to be multiple lines.  ::first-line is hacky and
> bad, but UAs at least know how to handle it at this point, so

You must not have been paying attention to the ::first-line discussions.
Peter Moulder was very serious when he suggested removing it from CSS2.1
for underdefinition. I don't think it makes sense to create more things
that "behave like" ::first-line until ::first-line has a solid definition.
I.e. one that passes muster by the likes of bzbarsky, dbaron, Anton Prowse,
and Peter Moulder.

~fantasai