Re: [css3-lists] Remaining feedback on the module

On 04/20/2011 01:04 PM, Daniel Glazman wrote:
> Le 20/04/11 01:55, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
>
>> 7. Are Aegean (U+10107-10133), Shavian (U+10450-1047F), and Ugaritic
>> (U+10380-1039D) things I should address? I dunno if these are living
>> or dead scripts.
>

> Aegean and Ugaritic are extinct. Scholars wanting to include sections
> of a document using those scripts are not :-) But I never saw a list
> numbered in Ugaritic on a tablet or anything else.
> Apparently, Ugaritic numbers were usually written as words (3 =
> "three").
>
> Aegean is more problematic since it does have glyphs for numbers and
> those appeared in artifacts.

Nevertheless, I don't think there is much of a use case for defining
numbering in Aegean or other archaic scripts. Scholars publishing the
text from an artifact including a numbered list are surely going to
transcribe the numbers as they appear in the original, rather than
relying on the automatic numbering in their browser.