RE: [css3-regions] OM for region content overflow

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 01:45:47 +0000
 From: Vincent Hardy [mailto:vhardy@adobe.com]
 Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:33 PM

 I liked the proposal you had in a previous email for the property name:

 Element.contentOverflow

 For the property values, I prefer a mix of what you propose:

 overflow | fit | empty

 I am not sure we need the 'not-a-region' value because in case of non-
 region element, we could specify that the contentOverflow value is 'fit'.

I think the property really need to have "region" in the name. Otherwise it may be expected to return overflow status on regular elements, which it is not designed to do...

I have mixed feelings on 'not-a-region'. It is true that regular element can always say 'fit' but it is useless and some kind of "not applicable" would make more sense... But it is still useless...

Maybe

	Element.regionContentOverflow = overflow | fit | empty

Or

	Element.regionOverflow = overflow | fit | empty

?