RE: proposed new module: css3 floats and positioning

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 00:50:36 +0000
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
± From: Tab Atkins Jr. [mailto:jackalmage@gmail.com]
± Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 3:50 PM
±
± http://www.xanthir.com/blog/b48H0

±

Ah, I remember that one. I suppose if you plan to develop it more it should be in CSS3 positioning too.

± > To me it seems reasonable to have separate specs, especially if css3-
± position will include all of CSS2.1 positioning, with writing modes,
± precise definition of the hypothetical static box etc.
± >
± > If we plan on that we can keep a concise positioning section in css3-
± floats until it is moved to your spec.
±
± Sounds good.

It looks like the way to go for now... CSS3 Floats should be just floats, it will have a temporary positioning section and we will discuss the future of positioning spec separately.