RE: proposed new module: css3 floats and positioning

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 22:44:17 +0000
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
± From: Tab Atkins Jr. [mailto:jackalmage@gmail.com]
± Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 3:31 PM
±
± I doubt it'll move fast enough to make this a problem.  ^_^

Define "it"...

You can see how fast Regions spec is moving, I would expect same with Floats/Exclusions, then relevant positioning will want to keep up.

± Yes.  The WG resolved several months ago to take on my draft as a
± deliverable.

Where is your draft?

To me it seems reasonable to have separate specs, especially if css3-position will include all of CSS2.1 positioning, with writing modes, precise definition of the hypothetical static box etc.

If we plan on that we can keep a concise positioning section in css3-floats until it is moved to your spec.

Alex