Re: [css3-regions] Feedback on regions document

Hi Alex,

On 5/16/11 10:55 PM, "Alex Mogilevsky" <alexmog@microsoft.com> wrote:

> [...]

I think that, conceptually, you would turn on the region styling for the
rest of the elements in the flow that have not been laid out yet. If an
element, like an H1, fits into the region, it keeps its styling. If it
does not fit in the region, then the styling is off, and it would be moved
to the next region.

>I think all that could be done for simplification is defining the
>behavior to be as close as possible to that of first-line (and that is
>already done). Then most of the logic is already in, and the hard work is
>optimizing the implementation to work with larger content (and to more
>combinations - first-line and first-page and hover...)

So you would be in favor of limiting it to:

@region <region_sel> {
     h1:lines {/* selects only the lines that are in the region */}
}

Or one of the syntactical variants we have discussed? And not include full
element selection for now?

Vincent