RE: [css3-images] exactly 2 adjacent colors stops

> From: Tab Atkins Jr. [mailto:jackalmage@gmail.com]
> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > A file called blue...
> > - background-image: image("blue");
> >
> > The color blue...
> > - background-image: image(blue);
> >
> > Is this correct?  If so, I wager we'll be debugging web pages doing
> this wrong for the next 10 years.
>
> In practice, who actually creates image files named after colors
> without an extension?

My concern is less about whether people do that "normally" and more about "why doesn't my page work" sending people in circles until someone in the zip code near the web author realizes the quotes are the problem.

And yes, people actually do such things.  Usually they have "css" in the URL address.