Re: [css3-grid] Question about grid cell creation

On May 14, 2011, at 8:57 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On May 14, 2011, at 1:40 AM, Phil Cupp wrote:
>>
>>> (2) I would prefer that Grid Cells only define space for Grid Items.  Only the properties: grid-row, grid-column, and grid-cell-stacking would apply
>>
>> Why not let them be styled as much as table-cells, and let border-collapse affect them?
>
> Agreed.  I'd much prefer that grid cells be styleable like a normal
> pseudoelement, as much as ::before or ::after.

You are talking about the issue in the draft that is in section 7.2, right?

http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-css3-grid-layout-20110407/#explicitly-defined-grid-cells

If so, I agree it would be great to be able to set size properties and display on grid-cells.

Vincent.