Re: Gradients and background-repeat (Was: Re: Automatic spec annotations)

On 13/05/2011 3:36 AM, Brad Kemper wrote:
> Here are some examples of this sort of thing that I put together a
> while back. The background rotation is simulated via a transform on a
> separate element, and the animation seems to require WebKit:
>
> http://bradclicks.com/cssplay/Gradient_Tiled_BG/index.html

I won't argue this. Great test Brad, and absolutely proves your point. I
will add to use cases with this test.

http://css-class.com/test/css/3/gradients/linear-gradients-repeat1.htm

The examples 'Grate 3' and 'Grate 4' require an extra inner element that
is rotated by 2D transforms. Now if I wanted to have text running from
left to right (not rotated), I would have to add an additional element.
If I could use background-rotate, then I wouldn't have to jump through
such hoops.

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/