RE: [css3-regions] Feedback on regions document

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 21:51:36 +0000
To: Vincent Hardy <vhardy@adobe.com>, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
CC: "www-style@w3.org CSS" <www-style@w3.org>

I also prefer @region (BTW, I think it should just be @region, not @region-style). It sees that yes, a new pseudo-element can achieve the same but it requires some new parsing features, new rules for other pseudo-elements, and it doesn't provide the grouping (the latter admittedly some people like and some don't).

It also seems to fit well in model or other grouping rules:

	@media screen and (orientation:portrait) { body { columns:2; } }

	@page landscape { width:8in; height:6.5in; margin: 1in 1.5in; }

	@region #first { body { color:white; background:url(ocean.png); } }

First-line doesn't have this option because there is no element, but given a choice @region looks cleaner...