RE: [css3-regions] region breaks

The distinction of "page" and "region" breaks is only meaningful if "page" has an exact definition.

Intuitively we may think of "page" as a sheet of paper. But when it is a paginated reading view we may say it is "top-level region"... or perhaps "the region that UI assigns a page number to"???

> What happens if one region is on page 1 and a connected region is on page
> 2?  Is that both a region and a page break?

How about this instead: region 1 is on page 2 and region 2 is on page 1 (assuming we've defined a page). What does "page break" do if it is different from "region break"?

I really think 'break-before:page' and 'break-before:region' should just mean the same. Use cases where this distinction is beneficial are rare. Cases where it is messy or ambiguous are plenty.

Alex