Re: [css3-speech] say-as syntax

From: Daniel Weck <daniel.weck@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 08:22:20 +0100
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
This is a good suggestion.

This property is tricky because it doesn't map to a strict equivalent
in SSML, which defines a list of possible values separately from the
actual specification (W3C Note).

At any rate, the limited choice provided by the CSS Speech Module
addresses the most important authoring use-cases. I think it would be
overkill to try to normatively define how to speak date variants, and
other complex syntactical constructs.

http://www.w3.org/TR/speech-synthesis/#edef_say-as

http://www.w3.org/TR/ssml-sayas/#charstring