Re: [css3-ui] text-overflow and multicol

On 8/05/2011 4:33 AM, Alan Gresley wrote:

> Is multi-col going to be different in respect to interoperability and
> will I be able to reveal via scrolling the final capitalized 'X'? I
> can't scroll to the final capitalized 'X in WebKit in the above test.

Another test where you must narrow the viewport.

<!DOCTYPE HTML>

div {
   overflow: auto;
   margin: 1em;
   height: 6em;
   text-overflow: ellipsis;
}

span { background: green; border-right: 2px solid red }
span span { border-right: 2px solid lime }

I see four different behaviors.

FF4 and Aurora:          Nothing.

IE9 and IE10 preview:    Content is clipped and hidden.

Safari and Chrome:       Content is clipped and hidden (not the <spans>s
themselves).

Opera 11:                Seems to have the right behavior apart from
near the capitalized 'X' that is hidden (not the <spans>s themselves) by
the width of the scroll-bar.

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/