Re: [css3-writing-modes] Figures 1-3

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 12:37:29 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
On 04/29/2011 11:51 AM, Simon Fraser wrote:
> On Apr 29, 2011, at 8:32 AM, fantasai wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> The CSSWG published yesterday an updated Working Draft of CSS Writing Modes, Level 3:
>>   http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-writing-modes/
>
> I find figures 1-3 confusing. There are 4 pictorial representations of direction modes
> in the box, two of which (those with words) are identical, but there are only three
> captions. I'm not sure what goes with what.

They all have words? I'm confused what you're talking about.
(I'm using FF4 to view the page, if that makes a difference.)

The first diagram is figure 1.
The second diagram is figure 2.
The third and fourth diagrams are figure 3.

What would you like me to change here?

> Also, the text introduces the notion of "inline base direction", but this isn't one of
> the labelled arrows in the diagrams.

Hm, yes. The terminology changed around a bit. :) I'll update the images.

~fantasai