Re: [css-selectors] Empty input selector

On 20/4/11 23:30, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Do you really want to select form fields with an empty value, or
> invalid required form fields?  There's certainly a selector for the
> latter!
FWIW, I remember needing this quite frequently, although I can't for the
life of me remember why. :(

> You can more or less do this in Gecko with :-moz-placeholder, for what
> it's worth.
This means that if such a pseudoclass is added, then it would solve the
problem of styling placeholders at the same time, sparing everyone from
the dilemma of whether there should be a ::placeholder pseudoelement or
a :placeholder pseudoclass or something more generic :)

--
Lea Verou (http://leaverou.me | @LeaVerou)