Re: [css3-animations] Times are listed as unitless

From: Eric A. Meyer <eric@meyerweb.com>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 17:04:37 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
At 12:46 -0400 5/1/11, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>On 5/1/11 12:25 PM, Eric A. Meyer wrote:
>>  Which raises the more interesting question: why are only lengths allowed
>>  to be unitless? Shouldn't any value type that accepts numbers permit a
>>  '0' (or decimal equivalent like '0.000') with no unit identifier?
>
>That's a question that's been answered on this list at least twice
>in the last 6 months....

    Well, don't leave us hanging-- where, exactly?  I searched my mail
archives but only came up with mentions of a resolution but no
explanation of the reasoning behind the resolution.  Which I'd really
like to see, because if we're going to violate long-standing author
expectations around '0' it would be nice to have some reason for it
besides "the WG said so".

--
Eric A. Meyer (eric@meyerweb.com)     http://meyerweb.com/