Re: [CSS2.1] blocks with missing end bracket and parsing error

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 13:43:56 +1100
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: Philippe Wittenbergh <ph.wittenbergh@l-c-n.com>, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, CSS 3 W3C Group <www-style@w3.org>
On 26/03/2011 12:41 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 3/25/11 8:57 PM, Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:
>> Testing with a very recent hourly Minefield build [1], shouldn't the
>> second block in the test case [2] have a green background ? Both
>> blocks have a blue background.
>
> The right behavior is two blue backgrounds after the most recent spec
> changes.

I have another email that should hit the list soon (just sent) with an
extra testcase.

If the right behavior is two blue backgrounds (red backgrounds now),
then if someone accidentally used this,

p [ background : green }

then the remainder of the style sheet is thrown out.

I guess doing this would give an author the responsibility of correcting
their CSS instead of allowing browsers to fix the invalid CSS. I may
have to changed the past conditions in both 'blocks-031' and 'blocks-036'.

--
Alan http://css-class.com/