Re: [css3-writing-modes] rotate-left value of text-orientation

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:18:04 -0700
To: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
CC: www-style CSS <www-style@w3.org>
On 03/23/2011 01:05 PM, David Hyatt wrote:
> I think the following text from the writing modes draft is very unclear.
> I have no clue how to implement this value.

Ok, here's an attempt at clarification. Let me know if this works:

  # rotate-left
  #   In vertical writing modes, this causes text to be set as if
  #   in a horizontal layout (using horizontal glyph variants and metrics),
  #   but rotated 90&deg; counter-clockwise.
  #   This value puts the element in a horizontal typographic mode
.
  #   If set on a non-replaced inline whose parent is not ''rotate-left'',
  #   this forces ''isolate'' to be added to the computed value of 'unicode-bidi'.
  #   Layout of text is exactly as for ''rotate-right'' except that the
  #   text content and baseline table of each of the element's inline boxes
  #   is mirrored around a vertical axis along the center of its content box.
  #   The positions of text decorations propagated from an ancestor inline
  #   (including the block container's root inline) are not mirrored, but any
  #   text decorations introduced by the element are positioned using the
  #   mirrored baseline table.

~fantasai