[CSS Regions] Update available

From: Arno Gourdol <agourdol@adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 12:49:58 -0700
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
We have an update of our CSS Regions proposal. You can find it here:

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-regions/

First, apologies for the unprocessed document. This will be resolved promptly. In the meantime, please click Overview.src.html in directory above to get to the document.

This version incorporates some of the feedback we've received at the F2F meeting and on this mailing list. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and comments.

The document has been broken up in three major sections: slots (which describe a way of creating elements using CSS declarations and could be used for regions and other purposes), regions (which are a way of implementing story threading) and exclusions (to specify areas to be avoided for the purpose of text layout).

We would be very interested in feedback regarding the structure of the document, and whether these proposals should remain in one document, be merged with other proposals, or separated in multiple documents.

We also look forward to feedback regarding the new proposed syntax.

– Arno  ❉  @arnog  ❉  Director of Engineering, Runtime Foundation