Re: [css3-writing-modes] rotate-left value of text-orientation

On 03/23/2011 01:05 PM, David Hyatt wrote:
> I think the following text from the writing modes draft is very unclear. I have no clue how to implement this value.

Ok. I'll try to clarify it. Just going to answer your questions really quick right now...

> (1) Are borders, backgrounds and box shadows left alone, i.e., are they identical
> regardless of whether the text-orientation is rotate-left vs. rotate-right, i.e.,
> the start border side and the end border sides are still the same, and you still
> leave the end side open if you span multiple lines?

Right. Box properties don't change position. Only text content (and text-decoration,
which is tied to the ascender and descender sides of the text) gets mirrored.

> (2) If you span multiple lines and your text is "Abcdef" with a split such that
> you have "Abc" and "def", then you don't see "def" on the first line, correct?

Correct.

> You would rotate "Abc" on line #1 and then rotate "def" on line #2?

Exactly

> I have some other questions but i'll just start with those two.  Basically I want
> to verify that this rotation is applied per-box, and that the contents of each box
> on a line don't change if you specify rotate-left instead of rotate-right.

Right.

~fantasai