Re: selectors in :any

On Tuesday 2011-03-22 18:03 +0000, Justin Rogers wrote:
> http://hacks.mozilla.org/2010/05/moz-any-selector-grouping/
>
> I'm using the above for reference. I'm a little bit concerned
> here. It seems the standard rules of selectors are broken by the
> syntax. Namely that a simple selector consisting of a pseudo class
> :foo is actually the selector *|*:foo, but the example notes that
> the replacement for :-moz-any is in place and is no longer a "tag
> rule".

Either I'm having trouble understanding what you're saying, or
you're confusing a description of behavior with a description of
performance characteristics (which is what the "tag bucket" bit of
the post is talking about).

That said, it's :not() that breaks the standard rules of selectors,
in that given a default namespace ns, .foo is shorthand for
ns|*.foo, but :not(.foo) actually means ns|*:not(*|*.foo).

-David