line-box-contain question

From: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 12:54:17 -0500
To: www-style CSS <www-style@w3.org>
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-linebox/#LineStacking

For the 'font' value, the text says:

"The block progression dimension of all non-replaced inline boxes..."

And then later on the text implies that line-box-contain:font replaced is the backwards-compatible HTML value (more or less).

Shouldn't that be "The extended block progression dimension..."?

It doesn't seem correct that 'font' value excludes the half-leading.  That would mean that "font replaced" completely ignores line-height.  Is that really intentional?  Shouldn't 'font' be equivalent to 'inline' and include the half-leading, and be identical other than the restriction of having to have an immediate non-empty text child?

That's how the quirks mode code looks in WebKit, so I thought I'd double check.

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)