Re: [CSS21] zindex.html E.2 issue: ordering contradictions

From: Peter Moulder <peter.moulder@monash.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 16:30:44 +1100
To: Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>, www-style@w3.org
Hmm, it's a strange situation we're in with CSS 2.1 that means originators are
being asked whether they accept rejecting an issue without a substantive
response with rationale for the decision.

If the question is whether I'm satisfied that the current text is free of
issues of technical soundness & implementability, then of course no: I continue
to believe that the appendix contains contradictions, which is a technical
soundness issue, and one that means that the appendix cannot be implemented as
currently written (and it takes some time to realize that one must implement
something other than what's currently written).

However, in practical terms, if the spec is to be published despite having
significant unresolved issues, then I don't think this issue is particularly
worthwhile to address now: I think it would take a while to work out the right
replacement, and I think there are more important problems with zindex.html.

pjrm.