[CSS21] Resolution to Issue 229 is flawed

From: Anton Prowse <prowse@moonhenge.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 03:17:25 +0100
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
I've run out of time to go into any detail right now, but I wanted to
express that I'm unhappy with the resolution to Issue 229 (effect of a
later float on previous line boxes) because it doesn't address my
original issue, it makes too many easy-to-handle cases undefined for the
different issue that it does handle, and it's also editorially flawed:
"if a float's position is foo then its position is undefined" is
self-contradictory; it can't be undefined if it's possible to determine
that it's foo!

Cheers,
Anton Prowse
http://dev.moonhenge.net