Re: line-height limitations

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:12:23 -0700
To: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
On Wednesday 2011-03-16 14:07 -0500, David Hyatt wrote:
> Rule 5 talks about a "text" value, but it's not included in the defined set.
>
> "For each box that has ‘text’ in ‘line-box-contain’, the top of
> the line box must be at least as high as the top of each glyph in
> the box (excluding those in child elements). The bottom of the
> line box must be at least as low as the bottom of each glyph in
> the box (excluding child elements)."
>
> That sounds like your "glyphs" suggestion, no?

Er, I have a vague memory that it was in my original proposal for
line-box-contain, but removed because others in the WG didn't want
that value, but then I missed a bit of the removing when I edited it
into the draft.  But I'm not sure of that... and searching the
member-confidential archives is a pain.

-David