RE: [CSS21] remove mentions of percentage intrinsic widths/heights

From: Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 23:26:30 +0000
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
On Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:44 AM L. David Baron wrote:
> In sections 10.3.2 and 10.6.2 CSS 2.1 has references to percentage intrinsic
> widths/heights.
> In discussions with the SVG working group just now, the SVG working group
> believes that width/height on the root SVG element never actually lead to a
> percentage intrinsic dimension.
> Since these cases of percentage intrinsic dimensions actually all lead to
> horrible results, we should probably remove mention of percentage intrinsic
> dimensions from the specification, since we don't actually have any use cases
> for them (and fix the relevant tests in the test suite).

Thank you for your feedback. The CSSWG has addressed your concerns in the upcoming publication of the CSS 2.1 specification[1].

The CSSWG resolved to  remove the mention of percentage intrinsic width/height from the CSS 2.1 spec.

We hope this closes your issue.

Please respond before 18 March, 2011 if you do not accept the current resolution.

[1] http://w3.org/TR/CSS