Re: root list item Re: [CSS21] 12.5 Lists

On 3/14/11 2:01 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Hey, I just follow the auto-update cycle in my browsers.  It's not my
> fault you guys haven't shipped a feature-release via auto-update in
> months.  ^_^

For what it's worth, for spec work it probably makes more sense to
follow beta channels than release channels.  (Or nightly channels,
really; this last is what I tend to do...)

>  So we now have two substantially different behaviors for outside list
> markers.  I've captured the two behaviors in separate values in Lists,
> but that won't help the compat pain when some of the browsers have to
> switch their behavior over...

Given the lack of bugs reported to us on the issue (even when the marker
wasn't showing at all for a few years there, including for inside
markers), I doubt this is a serious compat problem.

-Boris