Re: [CSS21] WD 5.12.1, 5.12.2: first-line and first-letter generally

From: Peter Moulder <peter.moulder@monash.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 07:23:22 +1100
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 06:32:13PM +0000, Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> Thank you for your feedback. Your proposal is accepted. The CSS2.1 specification
> will be updated to note the exact behavior :first-letter and :first-line is not
> defined, and may be defined in a future version.

The proposal was not to add a note while leaving the existing text (that some
implementors have considered to be unambiguously demanding one behaviour while
other implementors have considered to be unambiguously demanding another
behaviour), but to remove :first-letter and :first-line from CSS2.1,
in the same way as with run-in (if I correctly understand the fate of run-in).

pjrm.