RE: roadmap for new CSS specs: template, grid, regions and floats

Yes, certainly using SVG to define wrap and exclusion shapes seems very appropriate. It was noted when regions were presented at F2F..

From: Andrew Fedoniouk [mailto:andrew.fedoniouk@live.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2011 11:48 AM
To: François REMY; Alex Mogilevsky; w3c-css-wg; www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: roadmap for new CSS specs: template, grid, regions and floats

On this:
Does CSS really need to solve every UI problem ?
I am not speaking about every problem here. We’ve got particular document from Adobe where
authors have tried to introduce arbitrary shapes. If we will do this then I would like to see shapes
as not as sporadic idea but some reusable definition.

As of SVG for that particular expandable tabs shape: I would like to see real implementation
of such thing in SVG. Last time when I tried this in SVG I’ve discovered that it is impossible there
(I mean in static declaration without JS magic). So I would like to see concrete proof of your statement.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk

http://terrainformatica.com